Escalation of WAR
The war had grown beyond anyone’s initial designs. Each faction was determined to drive to the heart of the enemy’s realm and purge the land of their presence once and for all. Offensive met with counter offensive. Though the war had linear designs with skirmishes on the fringe of the war-path, each thrust forward was met with stiffer resistance. As a spear is deflected off of plate mail, so too have the thrusts been deflected. Brute force and frontal attacks could no longer win the day, the time had come for the battle to expand into the fringes. This is the time of the Escalation of WAR.
The war-path has been expanded and with it the boundaries of the ORvR lakes have expanded to new exotic locations. The Tier 4 campaign is now of a grander scope as it grows to encompass several new locations in each contested zone.
- The pre-1.5.2 ORvR lake will be henceforth referred to as the War Path, the remainder of the map will be referred to as the War Marches.
- Rank 40 players will now be flagged for RvR in all of Tier 4.
- Sub-Rank 40 players can only be flagged for RvR within the confines of the War Path; sub-Rank 40 players will be unflagged in the War Marches in order to be able to complete quests free of hassle.
-The War Marches
- NPCs across the War Marches have had their aggro tables redone so they will be harder to aggro with Rank 40 players.
- Chapter-hub guards have had their difficulty level reduced so players can engage them.
- Former Public Quests would be turned into Battlefield Objectives, the guards for these objectives would be the champions and heroes of the Public Quest’s last two stages.
- Upon successfully capturing a War March BO, a chest would drop with 6 bags containing the resources for that objective. In total the resources from War March BOs would yield a higher value than War Path BOs, but they would be split over 6 bags and therefore be harder to deliver back to a friendly warcamp or keep.
- Four new Battlefield Objectives would be added from each PvE storyline on a given map, for a total of eight new BOs.
- Underdog has been modified to accommodate the changes brought about by the Escalation of WAR.
- At a 0 rating of Underdog a realm requires holding both keeps and six out of twelve Battlefield Objectives. Pairings remain locked for 3 hours.
- At a rating of +/- 1 Underdog there is no change to the requirements for locking a zone. Pairings remain locked for 2 hours
- At a rating of – 2 Underdog a Realm requires holding both keeps and eight out of twelve Battlefield Objectives to lock a zone and pairings remain locked for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- At a rating of +2 Underdog a Realm requires holding both keeps and four out of twelve Battlefield Objectives to lock a zone. Pairings remain locked for 3 hours and 30 minutes.
- At a rating of -3 Underdog a Realm requires holding both keeps and ten out of twelve Battlefield Objectives to lock a zone and pairings remain locked for 1 hour.
- At a rating of +3 Underdog a Realm requires holding both keeps and two out of twelve Battlefield Objectives to lock a zone and pairings remain locked for 4 hours.