Introduced with the Civil Unrest 1.6.0 patch is the new Infiltration Quest! This quest is in fact an Epic Quest players can follow from Renown Rank 6 to 100. The Quest is broken up into 14 parts, each available at different renown ranks: RR6, RR12, RR18, RR24, RR30, RR40, RR50, RR60, RR70, RR80, RR85, RR90, RR95, and RR100. The reward for each step of the quest is a weapon suitable for that renown rank; players will have multiple options to choose from. To access the Infiltration Quest, players must obtain the infiltration garment (Chaos Cowl or Emissary’s Robe) and then speak with Lycithas the Harridan Seer or the Supreme Patriarch Thyrus Gormann. Should a player fail to obtain this item before the Live Event ends, these garments can be obtained at RR5 by completing a quest from the same NPCs after the conclusion of the Civil Unrest Live Event.
In order to enter the enemy city, players have to don the infiltration garment which will alter their appearance and allow them to move disguised. However, players must be wary for the higher the state of alert in the enemy city, the higher the chances they will be apprehended! That means the lower the enemy’s city-rank is, and the more guards that are on patrol, the harder it is to move around the enemy city. If a player is discovered by the enemy (NPC or player) while in the enemy city, a message will flash across the enemy’s screen alerting them of your presence and general location. When players don the infiltration garment, their action bar is changed to a blank action bar with few abilities. As players progress through the Infiltration Quest-line, they will gain more abilities while using the infiltration garment which will assist in their mission of havoc.
Let’s take a look at the Infiltration Quest-lines! Read more…
v1.6.0 is accompanied with the Civil Unrest Live Event. This Live Event has 6 tasks for both realms.
- Kill either 100 members of the Empire or 200 of their allies (High Elves or Dwarves). This task can be achieved by killing enemy players only.
- Locate the Smugglers Tunnels into Altdorf. These tunnels are located somewhere in eastern Reikwald, find them and sneak into the peaceful city.
- Gaze into the Enemy capital. Visit Lycithas the Harridan Seer and seek her guidance to gaze into Altdorf.
- Interrogate 10 Suspicious Citizens in the Inevitable City. Obtain the Orb of Soulless Void (Advanced Reward) and use it on citizens of the Inevitable City to find those loyal to Destruction.
- Complete the First and Second stage of the Infiltration Quest-line. Obtain the Emissary’s Robe (Basic Reward) and receive the Infiltration Quest from Lycithas the Harridan Seer, then complete the first two stages within Altdorf.
- Explore the Districts of Altdorf while it is safe. The districts to explore are: The Slums, The Marketplace, The War Quarters, The Temple of Sigmar, The Altdorf Docks, and The Imperial Palace.
- Kill either 100 members of Chaos or 200 of their allies (Dark Elves or Greenskins). This task can be achieved by killing enemy players only.
- Locate the Nurgle Burrow into the Inevitable City. These tunnels are located somewhere in the eastern Maw, find them and sneak into the peaceful city.
- Gaze into the Enemy capital. Visit Supreme Patriarch Thyrus Gormann and seek his guidance to gaze into the Inevitable City.
- Interrogate 10 Suspicious Citizens in Altdorf. Obtain the Pure-Heart Ruby (Advanced Reward) and use it on citizens of Altdorf to find those loyal to Order.
- Complete the First and Second stage of the Infiltration Quest-line. Obtain the Chaos Cowl (Basic Reward) and receive the Infiltration Quest from Supreme Patriarch Thyrus Gormann, then complete the first two stages within the Inevitable City.
- Explore the Districts of the Inevitable City while it is safe. The districts to explore are: The Lost Narrows, The Apex, The Undercroft, The Monolith, Fate’s Edge, and The Eternal Citadel.
The war between Order and Chaos has taken a heavy toll on the citizens of the capital cities. Constant assaults leave the cities in ruins, and their inhabitants either dead or in hiding. But life must go on, and the cities must rebuild knowing that the resolve of the defenders will be tested again. However, rebuilding a city is no easy task, and among the turmoil of the ruins dark shadows thrive and prey on the weak. How will you handle the growing civil unrest? Read more…
Wave after wave of Chaos minions… Rubble litters the streets, corpses lay rotting in alleys, doors stay barred from within, windows are smashed and a black smoke fills the air. This is the proud mighty capital of the Empire? Fie upon Karl Franz and his councilors! It is their duty to protect the city and the Empire, yet when hard times fall upon the Empire it is we, the common-folk, who suffer for his decisions! This is no way to live! Now we’re told we have to pay a ‘Reconstruction Tax’ to help rebuild the once-glorious city! More stinkin’ taxes?! Martial law to protect us?! It’s hard enough to lead a normal life with all this warfare going on and now more taxes and our own neighbors breathin’ down our necks… Well if Karl Franz wants to tax me more then it looks like I’ve got to find another way to make a quick coin…
~ Jurgen Kuper, Citizen of Altdorf