“Those eyes, those eyes that see through the fog. Not one pair, but two. Few would dare the tempest of the frigid northern waters, and even fewer would dare the creatures which reign in those waters – waters so black that surely Chaos courses with the currents. To some they are brave, to others they are fools, but the Whalers of Norsca are among the bravest fools that sailed the Kraken Sea. Whether need or greed caused them to set forth into the churning waters, neither storm nor beast swallowed them whole. Back the came, and back they’ll go again.” – Aesgard Pergrin, Sjoktraken Scholar
Archtype – Range DPS
Armor – Light
Weapon – Harpoon & Skinning Dagger
Mechanic – Norscan Wolf
- Whalers are among the few Norscan warriors bold enough to venture into the dark seas of the north, though their travels are made easier with the company of their powerful Norscan Wolves – always by the Whalers side ready to assist in the kill. Whalers can summon their Norscan Wolf to their side and switch between stances to better shape the synergy between man and beast.
- Harpooner – A focus on long range attacks with a defensive pet
- Hauler – A focus on medium range attacks with a mixed-utility pet
- Spearer – A focus on melee attacks with an offensive pet.
“Which is the stronger of the two – the raven’s feather or the autumn leaf? Neither, the wind takes both away and does as it wishes with them. The feather snaps, the leaf is crushed. Together they become dust and the wind does as it wills. The wind can give power to the sails or tear them to shreds. Heed the wind, the strong mind does not try to tame the winds or give into them, but bend with them.” ~ Osgrid Greyblown, Vitki Sage of the Frostheim
Archtype – Healer
Armor – Light
Weapon – Stave, Ritual Dagger
Mechanic – Shifting Winds
- You stand abreast the Norscan mountains as the winds of Chaos swirl south. In a skilled show of balance you do not let the powers of Chaos overcome you, yet channel the winds to power your insights. Do you resist the powers of Chaos and channel the winds for the good of your allies, or do you succumb to darkness and use the winds of Chaos to unleash destruction?
- Ancestors – A focus on breathing life into the world
- Dark Gods – A focus on being an instrument of death.
- Heroes – A balance between the winds to either help or harm.
“Not a whisper lads! In the fog all you’ve got to alert you are your ears – listen for the quiet splash of a hundred oars cutting through the water. When the prow breaks through the fog and slams into the sand you steady your arm and wait until you see the big brute with a shield – that’s the raider’s leader. You take him out and the rest are a savage horde. Huscarls they’re called, princes unto their own, they’re what bind the savage Norse tribes together. Aim true and take him down lads!” ~ Germund Osfrid, Sergeant of the Nordland Guard
Archtype – Tank
Armor – Heavy
Weapon – Sword and Shield; Greatsword
Mechanic – Norscan War Cries
- You charge forth into battle yelling with all your might to rally your allies. You issue forth War Cries strengthening your allies. You may have two War Cries active at any time.
- Drake – You channel the power of the dreaded frost drakes of Norsca going on the offensive
- Jotun – You channel the power of the mighty jotun bracing for the heaviest of blows
- Kraken – You channel the power of the monstrous kraken, thriving in the wildest of tempests
For years the great war in the Age of Reckoning has been waged as the forces of Destruction tirelessly crash upon the defenders of Order. Driven by greed, the Norse warriors found themselves caught between the two factions as they fought for their ideologies. Much as the tides ebb and flow, the Norse support sways from faction to faction leaning towards the larger purse. So long as there are warriors to fight, the struggle between the forces of Order and Destruction wages on. The Norse have joined the struggle, but their loyalties are ever fluctuating… Read more…
In what had once been a one-way tide flowing south towards the shores of the Empire, the Sea of Claws turned into a battleground as vessels of various types clashed and collided. The sea became choked with flotsam and jetsam – listing raider hulls, a broken mast, a tattered sail, a barrel of salted fish, a bloated corpse. The Norse, who dearly held the tradition of raiding and pillaging close to heart, allowed themselves to be swayed by a bit of gold – they were going to fight and raid anyway, so why not get paid to do so? As Norseman killed Norseman, dwarf, and orc alike, chaos reigned in the Sea of Claws. The scope of the war of the Age of Reckoning has now turned to engulf the peoples of Norsca. Will the forces of Norsca sway the tide of battle or will they act as a force for balance? Read more…
Torches swayed from side to side as a group of Norse raiders entered a dark tangled forest on a cloudless yet moonless night. The striking of a flint a few meters ahead caused the man at the forefront of the Norse group to halt and signal the others to remain still. Another strike of the flint and a fire came to life, curiously purple in color.
“Why stop now? Your flickering torches give your presence away far more than any noise you make,” a slender figure said standing behind the fire. As the Norse approached the beauty of the figure became apparent, though only half of the face was visible while the other half was covered in darkness.
A stout Norse warrior with a peppered beard grunted, “The crone you sent said you would have words, words we could profit from…” Read more…
v1.9.1a consists of the License to Pillage live event. An early spring thaw has lead to earlier-than-anticipated raids by the Norse. Typically absent the massive threat from the forces of Destruction, the Empire’s navy would patrol the Sea of Claws and intercept the raiders whenever possible, but now in the Age of Reckoning the forces of Order are hard-pressed from all sides to hold off the enemy. The forces of Order are tasked with repulsing the northern raiders from the shores of Nordland. Join the forces of Order in the fight for the shores of the Empire! Read more…